WHY UBER PENANG IS EXPENSIVE


Saturday, 18 March 2017.
After fetching my son from his College Mara in Alor Setar, I drove straight to the Pearl Island, Penang. Later at night, I wanted to book an Uber driver going to I Love You cafe to eat ikan bakar for dinner at Bukit Feringghi which is about 9.9km from the hotel I stayed.

9.05pm, I try on the Uber apps, showing me there are few nearby uber drivers around 3 minutes circle. I checked the fare which is in the range of rm14 - rm19 for a distance of 9.9km. Aiyah. "Why so expensive mah? I thought it's only 90sen per km?" I asked myself. Or maybe the rate is different from that in KL?

Anyway, due to the fatigue, I decided not to book an Uber. Instead, I drive my own car to the nearest foodcourt.

WHY YOU STILL DRIVING GRAB IF YOU KNOW IT'S BULLYING YOU

  Saturday, 5/5/2024. At midnight about 12.30am, I booked a Grabcar from Amansari Residence Resort. From the resort to my house is about rm9...