GRABBIKE & GOJEK DILEMMA IN BATAM INDONESIA

 

Termnal Ferry Domestik Sekupang Batam 2023

Sunday, 28/5/23.

Dear diary.
I know nobody is reading this blog anymore now.
And I'm still working as my professional job in Batam and Jakarta Indonesia.
It's been almost one year here in this country.
Previously I was working for 2 years when the Covid 19 pandemic started with a Singapore company and manage to work in offshore for 6 months in Doha, Qatar.
After that got an offer working in Jakarta (Jul - Feb 2023)..
Now continuing on the same project in Batam since last week. 

============================

This morning, I booked a Grabbike from my apartment going to Pelabuhan Domestik Sekupang.
17km - 25 minutes for Rp45,000 (RM14) and using Grappay.
No issue.

When I tried to get another Grabbike from the terminal.
I saw so many taxi drivers waiting outside.
It seems they're not allowing online apps to operate.

I plan to visit pantai Tanjung Pinggir beach.
On the Grabbike apps, it shows very cheapo Rp8,500 (RM2.60).
But when I booked it - nobody accepted.
I tried twice.

The taxi drivers try to persuade me to use their taxi.
But Rp40k (RM12.30) is quite expensive.
The lowest they can offer with a motorbike is Rp15k (RM4.60).

Then I try installing Gojek apps.
When I ordered, the bike rider told me to wait at the halte (bus stop) which is quite far from the terminal entrance.
The Gojek fare is Rp12k (RM3.70).

Reaching the Tanjung Pinggir beach.
I try to deal witht he rider to wait to send me back home to my apartment.
He agrees by using the apps - Rp 52k (RM16).

He waited for me for half an hour.

Later before starting the ride home.
He requested the fare of Rp60k (RM18.50).
I don't agree since the fare is not deducted from the apps company, ie Gojek.

============================

In the evening.
I plan to go to Rusun BP Kabil.

I booked Grabbike again.
But I need to get some cash as I;m almost cashless now.

So I booked it to the nearest Maybank ATM which is located at the Pertamina gas station.
But there's problem with my bank ATM machine.
I cannot withdraw the money.

Luckily I still got few Ringgits.
Then I asked the rider to go to he nearest money changer.
Rp8k (RM2.50) as per apps.

Then he's willing to send me to Rusun BP Kabil without using apps.
Rp34k + Rp8k, total of Rp44k (RM13.55).
Note: Rusun = rumah Susun (flat apartment).

The rider likes to talk as he reckons that I'm from Malaysia.
His previous job in the lawyer firm.

============================

After having meal of ayam bakar at the nearby Jalan Hang Kasturi.
I ordered another Grabbike back home to my apartment.

Rp34k (RM10.50) for 12km, 24minutes.



SUDDENLY GRABCAR SAVER SAVED ME THE FARE

  Tue, 5/12/23. At 11.20am, I tried to book online taxi from my office at Jalan Ampang. My destination today is to Jalan Pekeliling. First, ...