FIRST TIME USING DOHA UBER

 

So today I plan to go to Katara Twin Towers at the north side.

I booked Uber using the apps from the hotel wifi.
15.58 riyal, rounding it up to 16 Riyal cash.

The driver name is Md only.
He spoke using his earphone all the way to the destination.
Toyota Camry it was.

While on the way back.
I couldnt use my handphone due to no data.
Initially I plan I would walk to the nearest metro station.
Which is Legtaifiya station, about 2.5km from the twin towers.
But after arriving at the station.
The young male african security guard hold me up.
He said the station is not open until 2pm.
Because today is Friday.
Normally, it starts at 6am.

He told me to request Uber.
But Unfortunately, I dont have data on my cellphone.
And he dont have a smartphone too.

Therefore, I decided to walk all the way to my apartment.
It was a long way walking, ie 9km from Katara Twin Towers to my apartment.

It's a really lesson learned.
Never walk out on Friday morning!

WHY YOU STILL DRIVING GRAB IF YOU KNOW IT'S BULLYING YOU

  Saturday, 5/5/2024. At midnight about 12.30am, I booked a Grabcar from Amansari Residence Resort. From the resort to my house is about rm9...