ARE ALL YOUR FRIEND'S ON VACATION TODAY?



Monday, 26 June 2017. The second raya.
Today, I got mostly long distance trips. I like it!

Warning: there are many Manglish and grammatical error here. Please pardon me. OTL

6.03am, ping from VYY at Oriental Hotel infront of Masai post office. A young Vietnamese couple going to work at ASM Jalan Keluli 3 Pasir Gudang. The amoy spoke very good Malay but sounded like local amoy loh. After paying the fare, I said "cảm ơn bạn." I saw the amoy face very surprised,"wahhh, pandainyer!"

6.27am, got ping from TIC from far far away Taman Molek. Aiyah! 18 min to pickup, the surge rate is 1.5x! Stopping by the roadside, I cancelled the trip. Then he ping again and again, and the surge rate becomes 1.8x! I ignore it. Dear diary, to pick up 15km in 18 min is quite far, unless Uber willing to pay the driver RM15. I dont want to do welfare this morning.

6.33am, MLD from Taman Pasir Putih. 9 min to pickup. Romatically leaving his sexy girlfriend with short pant and no bra at the terrace house. The turkish guy asked, "why uncle so early this morning?" I sent him to Kimak Apartment Taman Tampoi Indah.

7.26am, breakfast at Hamed Corner near Kipmart Tampoi.
7.58am, fillup ron95 at Petronas Jln Skudai for RM30.01.

8.00am, 12min to pickup KKH at Taman Jaya Skudai. I sent him to Jalan Ayer Hitam, Kulai. Surge 1.3x.

8.27am, 8 min to pickup   (Ah) at Jalan Siantan 7 Inderaputra going to Medini Mall Legoland.

9.03am, 12min to pickup far far away a Chinese couple, 魏魏 (Wei Wei) at Jalan Indah 9/1 going to Larkin Sentral. The young man spoke not good English but can speak sikit-sikit Malay. When asked where are they going, they seems blurred. But the amoy showed him her smartphone, and he said, "Malakka?" Later, he asked me what gps I used, then I told him that I used Google Maps. "Sure no Google in China meh?" I looked at him with a pity. Surge is 1.7x.

9.34am, ELF at Scott Tower going to JB CIQ.  This young Malay Singaporean with both his ears and nose pierced likes to talk too. He is working in Singapore as chef but rather commuting to JB everyday.  "Semalam (hariraya) pun saya kerja lah uncle, balik pagi kol 2am!" When asked why not renting the house in Singapore rather than in here. "You see, uncle. To rent the house in Singapore is very mahal lah uncle. SGD600 for 1 small room, tak boleh masak, no cuci baju, very very strict lorr. Bcoz I m living with the owner!" He said again, "for the same amount of money, which is about RM1500, saya boleh sewa satu kondo kat sini (JB)!" He laughed and laughed. Lajiao lah. "But you are wasting your time on travelling," I told him. He said he really wanted to be a "dive welder" in oil & gas company. "But the training fee of SGD7000 is expensive lah uncle, Abah saya buat bisness kecil2an and cannot afford it." I dropped him at the CIQ after a long detour due to the nearby construction.

10.10am. Take a break at Petronas Bukit Chagar.

10.23am, 8 min to pickup LYN at Jalan Merah Taman Pelangi going to nearby LC Catering. She rather to be dropped off by the roadside, "No need to go in lah uncle," the auntie told me. But the area was congested with people rakyat jelita parking their cars by the roadside because I think there is an open raya house at the Istana. Free makan mah!

10.32am, 12min to pickup John, an Australian man, at Moonlight Cake House Permas Jaya. I sent him to his nearby condo Mon Glory. He wondered, "are all your friends drivers are on vacation today? So hard to get a driver mate." Surge is 2.6x but the fare is only RM5 bcoz just a short distance.

After dropping off John, I switched off the Uber apps and drove straight going home. Later noon, as I promised to my Queen to visit my brother's house at Mersing for family raya gathering.

Summary. Today I managed to complete 8 trips with 3hr 54min total.

WHY YOU STILL DRIVING GRAB IF YOU KNOW IT'S BULLYING YOU

  Saturday, 5/5/2024. At midnight about 12.30am, I booked a Grabcar from Amansari Residence Resort. From the resort to my house is about rm9...