UBER IS MORE POPULAR IN KL HOWEVER ...



Thursday, 5 April 2018.

9.49am, AAA 5 pax of Malay executives at Integra Tower Intermark going to MIDF Jln Raja Chulan. I dropped them off by the roadside since the lobby was occupied by the event tents.

10.12am, MNJ an India family tourists at Suasana Bukit Ceylon. Just about to start cik Jnulekasnova, she texted me, "where r u?" and "we waiting." Aiyah, panda lela lah. I sent them to Thean Hou temple Jalan Robson.

Then I drove straight to Pavilion area, specifically behind Lot10 again and waited for any KLIA airport trip. Dear diary, in one hour, there were many Uber pings, about 12 pings compared to a couple of Grab pings, but none of them going to KLIA, so I ignored all of them.

Since I had a run errand to do at 2pm, so I switched off the apps on Jalan Ampang and drove home.

Dear diary, today is my last day driving Uber, and this is my last entry on driving Uber and grabcar in KL/JB since I got a temporary office job in Lumut next week. Thanks also to my dearest silent readers on this blog and my other FB page for reading my journal to the end. See you all next time. God willing, insyaAllah.

Thean Hou temple, Jalan Robson Kuala Lumpur @2018.

Updated. I just wanted to update the major milestones when I was driving Uber and Grabcar for the last 2 years.

11 Mar 2016 - my first trip (KL) on new Uber account. A Korea lady near PJ One. Driving Proton Saga FLX.
22 Mar 2016 - my first Grab (KL) trip after 3 days being banned.
6 Apr 2016 - I got an accident! [+ Link ]
9 Apr 2016 - my first Uber trip in JB. [+ Link ]
22 Nov 2016 - the last day driving Uber and Grab in KL. [+ Link ]
30 Nov 2016 - luckily, after getting back to office work, Grab banned me without warning. Kannina. [+ Link ]

30 Sep 2017 - driving back Uber JB. Proton Saga FLX [+ Link ]
21 Oct 2017 - driving back Uber KL. Proton Saga FLX [+ Link ]
5 Nov 2017 - driving new car for Uber KL. Proton Preve [+ Link ]
20 Nov 2017 - driving Uber XL in JB. [+ Link ]
22 Nov 2017 - driving Uber XL in KL. [+ Link ]

8 Jan 2018 - my first Grabcar (economy) trip in KL on account 2. [+ Link ]
19 Jan 2018 - my first trip in KL on the new Uber account 2. [+ Link]

5 Mar 2018 - the last day driving Uber, although the official date for Uber to be defunct in Malaysia and South East Asia is on the 8th Mar 2018. This is also my last day driving Uber and Grabcar, and hopefully for a long time. Amin, may God will.


Some random images from previous dashcam records @2018

WHY YOU STILL DRIVING GRAB IF YOU KNOW IT'S BULLYING YOU

  Saturday, 5/5/2024. At midnight about 12.30am, I booked a Grabcar from Amansari Residence Resort. From the resort to my house is about rm9...