A NIGHT WITHOUT SURGE

A makcik selling karipap at Petronas Masai.

Tuesday, 11 July 2017. Day 1 after insurance renewal 2017.

After work, 6.26pm I started the Uber apps.

6.27pm, the first trip, FLH a young boy at Masai bus station going to Jalan Seluang 30, Tanjung Puteri Resort Pasir Gudang. 10 min and 4.6km to pick up. He is studying at Cosmopoint JB.

While on the FLH trip, 6.48pm got ping from pak MHD at far far away Tanjung Langsat Industrial. 2 Indon, one an elderly from Surabaya and the other one is much younger man from Makassar. They just started working after a long raya holiday. The elder man told me that they use to take a van but now only four workers so they just take Uber instead. He is going back home again to his kampung in Surabaya this raya haji. I sent them both near to Hotel in the Masai town.

Take a break.
Dinner - nasi goreng satay.
Pee and pray at Petronas Masai.

8.17pm, Fatin cancelled the first ping and requested again. After pickup, when asked, she told me that the line is very slow here. 4 student girls going to makan at nearby new restaurant. They talked and laughed and talked.

8.27pm, AMN at Jalan Kenari 12 Taman Scientex going to Kipmart Masai, not Kipmart Tampoi. 9min to pickup the 2 high school teenagers wanted to buy a school uniform. I dropped them at the bus stand just infront of KFC.

9.05pm, 12min 4.2km to pickup DRW and his 2 local Indian friends going to kedai mamak Sayed Kota Masai. On the trip, they insisted me to use the shortcut even after I told them that there would many bumpers on the neighborhood small streets. So cheapskate. Later they paid the trip by credit card.

Take a break. Sleep sleep chicken for 10min inside the car.

9.46pm, got ping from AMN again at KFC infront of the Kipmart where I just dropped them. I sent the 2 kids back home at Taman Scientex.

10.10pm already and I let the apps switched on until inside the Masai town, then I turned it off. Going home sweet home.

Dear diary, tonight I managed to complete 6 trips in 3hr 15min. The fare without surge is cheap but the experience is priceless. OTL

WHY YOU STILL DRIVING GRAB IF YOU KNOW IT'S BULLYING YOU

  Saturday, 5/5/2024. At midnight about 12.30am, I booked a Grabcar from Amansari Residence Resort. From the resort to my house is about rm9...