JUST FOR A FEW MORE DOLLARS

Bukit Timbalan near Galleria Kotaraya JB

Thursday, 13 July 2017.
Starts the car engine and Uber apps at 6.30pm. The mileage of the car is 110,082km. 171 riders on 5 star.

6.35pm, 10min 3.8km to pickup local young chinese couple at Maybank Seri Alam. I sent them to Jalan Nenas 12 Taman Kota Masai. They spoke mix Mandarin, English and Malay. When arrived, the fare was rm11.89, so I rounded down to RM11. The guy gave me RM20 note, I returned him RM9 and he gave me RM1 tip. "Here uncle, kasihan.. nampak banyak penat.., uncle balik rehat.." he told me. Aiyah, he didnt reckon that I started my first trip. I really hope he would give me 5 star.

Break at Petronas Kota Masai. Fillup ron95 for RM33.01.

7.21pm, 11min 4.6km to pickup AKE and his Vietnamese friend at Unnamed road near Jalan Keluli Pasir Gudang. I arrived at the kotai (kongsi double decker for construction workers), AKE with their few construction items. I sent them far far away at Jaln Wong Ah Fook JB near new Suasana hotel? This Vietnamese guy like to talk and talk along the way. He spoke Malay with me. Very good Malay. "Saya dah bnyk tempat pegi Malaysia sbb ikot taukeh buat construction. Vietnam negara kecik dari Malaysia, lebar cuma 55km. Saya ingat Malaysia lagi besar. Saigon ke HCMC naik bas dua hari dua malam. Saya ada dua anak. Sekarang umur 33 tahun takde kereta, takde rumah lagi. Untunglah uncle, anak tua sudah besar sudah kahwin ada kereta ada rumah. Saya sudah malaysia 5 tahun, sblom ni English saja, tapi pandai cakap Melayu the last 2 tahun. Ada kawan Vietnam sini paksa saya cakap Melayu saja. Tak pandai cakap tapi boleh lah. Sekarang keje Malaysia kurang lagi murah. Saya ingat mahu balik Vietnam tahun depan. Duit pun susah mau simpan." Then we talked about the war. Vietnam with France and American. "Bila Malaysia ada war?" he asked. I told him about the Japanese invasion in 1945, and our previous colonialization by Portugese, Dutch and British.

Break at Galleria Kotaraya. Pray and pee.
Later I drove to JBCC.

9.01pm, ZAC with his young kids, a boy and a girl at Levis entrance JB City Square. I sent them to M Condo Larkin Perdana. This Malay Singapore also wanted to talk. I layannns. "Sini larkin kalo ada bola memang jem giler. Ada driver tak tahu mana rumah saya sbb gps tak jumpa lagi. Saya sewa apartment ni saja. Dulu ada HDB flat tapi sudah jual. Hari-hari saya pegi keje anak2 sekolah masuk singapore macam ini lah naik bas. Singaporean mana boleh beli rumah sini, saya tak mampu. Najib kan cuma suruh beli rumah landed, teres ke, banglo ke harga RM5 juta!" He raised his eyebrows when I provoked him that the selling price always can be divided by three! Lol. When arrived I saw the young boy sleeping already at the back. They looked tired.

After dropped them off, I drove out to Larkin Sentral. Set the destination to Tesco Seri Alam. Then I got ping from the same M Condo. Demm.

9.29pm, NNA a young Malay girl carrying a wheel baggage accompanied by her boyfriend at the M Condo guardpost. Kiss kiss muach muach good bye. I sent her to Kampung Bahagia Taman Molek. Later she wanted me to send her and her little sister to KTM Kempas Baru. NNA is very friendly and sexy too. I can see her bare buttock whenever she alighted from the car. *Winkwink. On the way to KTM station, she wanted to get into any ATM to withdraw some money. At first, I sent her to Shell Taman Molek but no ATM sighted. Then I drove to HSBC bank, it took her almost 10min on the ATM machines inside. When asked, "tak boleh lah uncle, dah try 2 atm, walopon caj rm4, tak boleh." Then I drove her to nearby Public Bank. "Okay dah boleh," she nodded after returning to the car and sit next to me. But she complained about the unjustified charges incurred by the HSBC. I told her that the BSN ATM machine is worst, ie RM12 per transaction. She looked surprised. "Kalo orglen uncle, they are very stingy and calculated and kiasu. Even a few cents also meroyan. Kalo dorang guna HSBC machine dan tau kene caj RM4 mesti mengamok. Tipikal orglen..." she grumbled and grumbled. "Just like Uber drivers.. for example, kalo tambang RM8.88, drebar kiter selalu mintak RM8.50 atau lapan ringgit saja sudah. Tapi kalo drebar orglen, dorg mintak rm9! No mercy." No lah, I told her. Dont be like that, even uncle also sometimes asking to round up the higher fare. Sometimes uncle cincai also. Tengok mood lah. Later on, at the drop off point at KTM Kempas Baru, the fare was RM27.82. I asked for RM27. She gave me a big note of RM50. "Uncle bagi dua poh ringgit je," she said slowly. Wahlaweh, she gave me a rm3 tip.

Time to call it a day at 10.44pm.

Dear diary, tonight I managed to complete 4 trips in 3hr 44min online.Current rating is 4.48 with 172 riders rating me 5 stars.

WHY YOU STILL DRIVING GRAB IF YOU KNOW IT'S BULLYING YOU

  Saturday, 5/5/2024. At midnight about 12.30am, I booked a Grabcar from Amansari Residence Resort. From the resort to my house is about rm9...