DELIVERY BOY DILEMMA



Tuesday, 24 October 2017.
Not doing Uber today since I am working in the office.

But this morning around 9.00am, I saw a request inside the FB group where a lady was looking for a runner to deliver lunch box to nearby 4 taman destinations. Urgently, she wrote on the status. So I volunteered but with a quotation of rm1 per km. The destinations are: Taman Rinting, Taman Scientex, Taman Cendana and Tanjung Puteri Resort. After rough calculations using Google Maps, I was getting 24.5km and asked the lady of rm50. After a while, she agreed with the price. When I told her that I am ready to pickup the lunch boxes at 10.00am, she said she's not ready yet since she needed to pack them up. Due to various locations with extra contingency, I dont want to be late because she said the lunch boxes shall be delivered before 12noon!

Then later, she said I need to pick the 10 lunch boxes up at 11am. I said okay. But she told me only one destination, ie Palmtop Vegeoil Products factory at Jalan Gangsa, and it's only 4.5km away. I dont mind, but the charge on my mind is still rm50!

5min before 11am I was arrived at her house after mistaken for other neighbor house. When she saw me, she said, "macam kenal," which I doubted it. Then after negotiate again on the delivery charge (rm20) and the money (rm43) which I shall take from the other customer, we agreed to each other. I was reluctant to pay her the balance of rm23 first because this is my first job with her. I rather later take the customer money and return back to her house by paying her.

After delivering the lunch boxes to the office girl at factory, I wassap the lady telling her that I wanted to wash my car. But she insisted to pay her the balance since she wanted to go out soon. I said, okay lah.

WHY YOU STILL DRIVING GRAB IF YOU KNOW IT'S BULLYING YOU

  Saturday, 5/5/2024. At midnight about 12.30am, I booked a Grabcar from Amansari Residence Resort. From the resort to my house is about rm9...