DRIVING ON DEEPAVALI DAY IN JB

Country Towers Seri Alam... sunrise this morning.

Wednesday, 18 October 2017. Deepavali day.

Starting the car engine and Uber apps at 6.15am. The odometer reads at 115,681km.

I ignored few ping from far far away, ie more than 10km and 10minutes.

TRIP 1 TO 4

6.20am, 10min 3.7km to pickup SRJ an Indian (not local) at Klinik Q Asia Jalan Masai Lama, sending to Restoran Hai Yun, Kota Puteri.

Note on near missed. During the SRJ pickup at Jalan Suria 47, there was one car Waja, driving on the middle of the road, actually on the white line dividing the roads! Aiyah! I quickly honked and swerved to the left side and stopped, otherwise I was hit by that the drunken keling. I know lah today is your raya day. Punde*nale!

6.47am, 12min 5.3km to pickp SPH a Chinese (non local) at Flat Jalan Tasek sending to JB Sentral.

7.18am, CAN at the same spot at JB Sentral sending to Smart Dream Apartment Taman Dato Onn. The 50 years old man works at Singapore Kopitiam, dont want to be Singapore PR, working for 30 years in the island, worried many motorcyclists fatal accidents and want to retired next year. At the drop off lobby, I just asked for rm5 even the fare is much few more sen higher. The reason I dont take the extra sen bcoz psychologically it may persuade the riders to give me 5star, but he insisted to give me extra rm1 only and said, "gua tak mau lu lugi maa."

7.40am, 8min 2km to pickup PAN at Apartment Jalan Idaman Larkin sending to JB Sentral.

Break and breakfast at Restoran Jamilah Jalan Yahya Awal. I ate roti kosong, soft boiled eggs (ayam kampung) and teh-o.

Soft boiled eggs, Restoran Jamilah Jalan Yahya Awal JB.

TRIP 5 TO 16

8.43am, 7min 3.4km to pick ADL a sexy lady with red shirts at Jalan Usaha Taman Abad sending to Crystal Crown backside. The surge is 1.3x.

8.59am, 3min 0.5km to pickup PRS a young Chinese man at KSL City Mall sending to the same spt near Crystal Crown hotel.

9.11am, while at KSL, 1min 0km to pickup QII a China man and wife and daughter at nearby Holiday Villa sending to Larkin Sentral. He asked me, "where is the gate?" I told him to use the front one, but the way is block by construction.

9.44am, 1 min 0.1km to pikcup JND an Indon bibik at nearby Pasar Larkin Sentral sending to Jalan Wadihana. She made me confused a bit during the pickup and dropoff, so I gave her 2 stars.

10.04am, SOE a young chinese man at nearby New York Hotel sending to Holiday Villa Hotel, also at the backside.

10.24am, ARS a chinese muslim girl at nearby KSL coffeebean sending to JBCS.

11.19am, WNG a chinese man at the same spot JBCS sending to KSL again.

11.27am, Mr M a young chinese man at the KSL again sending to Cold Storage Plaza Pelangi.

11.44am, ARV a young Indian SPM boy at the same Plaza Pelangi lobby sending to nearby Jalan Hijau Muda.

11.54am, RYN an Indian boy speaks like a local Chinese at Jalan Jingga 1 sending to Jalan Nila.

12.12pm, HUT an apek at Jalan Merah sending to JBCS. He also complained about the local teksi who keeps cheating on customer. "Biasa wa kanna dua poh hinggit," he said. Also on previous Uber drivers who cannot find his pickup location, "wa kanna penalty rm5 lah, aiyah!"

12.46pm, 3min 500m to pickup HPT and his bf at Galleria Kotaraya on the opposite entrance. I send them to Zoo Johor.

Tired, I take a break at Masjid Ayer Molek. Pee and pray. Later I take a short nap, but it was a good 40minutes nap!

TRIP 17 TO 18

2.23pm, 4min 1.3km to pickup SYV an Indonesia maid at Jalan Kemuncak 1 sending to a big villa at Jalan Turna.

2.50pm, 3min 1.6km to pickup HBB a foreign and his bf at Mcd Nong Chik sending to nearby Paragon Residence for a free ride.

Break at Petronas Larkin. Pee and jajan rm12.

Update on Quest for rm30 from 10am to 10pm. My status now: 10/15 trips. 5 more trips to go. I think I can make it if I stay driving until 6 or 7pm today.

TRIP 19 TO 23

4.00pm, 5min 800m, a young chinese man at M Condo Larking sending to Starbucks Taman Molek.

4.30pm, 4min 500m, KEN and his bf at Jalan Redang 1/1, local chinese going to Senai Airport. I drive using the EDL highway.

Break 5.12pm, at Petronas Senai Airport. Pee and pray.

5.27pm, 8min 3.4km to pickup LSN an Indon with her gf at KFC Senai going to Medan Selera Perindu Senai.

5.54pm, 7min 4km, ART an Indon lady put a wrong pickup point, actually they were waiting at the same Medan Selera Perindu. I dont mind. 4 pax of Sumatran sending to Hutan Bandar Kulai. The young man sitting next to me looks like a 'jakun', "mana bandarnya? Kalo ditempat kami ni penuh dengan orangramainya."

After dropping them off, I came back to the Senai airport and took some sunset photos at the roundabout.

6.29pm, 3min 0.6km to pickup SRS a Penang Indian lady at the Senai airport sending to Jalan Indah 17/1, Bukit Indah. This trip completes the Quest of rm30! At first it was hard to find the address in the Waze, but later I managed to find it. She likes to talk too. She talked about how green JB is compare to Penang, and teksi drivers who always assault the Grab/Uber drivers in Penang airport.

I set destination to HOME but no ping until Taman Johor Jaya so I switched it off. The distance to HOME is 30km equivalent to rm30 for Uber trip, but I am tired already.

Today, I got 23 trips for 10hr 46min online, from 6.15am until 7.38pm. I earned rm30 promotions to complete the quest. Okaylah.

Senai airport roundabout.. sunset...

WHY YOU STILL DRIVING GRAB IF YOU KNOW IT'S BULLYING YOU

  Saturday, 5/5/2024. At midnight about 12.30am, I booked a Grabcar from Amansari Residence Resort. From the resort to my house is about rm9...