DRIVING GRABCAR ECONOMY IN JB

Sutera Mall Hariraya decoration JB @2018

Thursday, 14 June 2018. Hariraya eve.

Dear diary, today I’m driving Grabcar economy and myCar in JB.

8.29am, ALA at nearby Poliklinik Rozikin going to BSN Masai Jln Suria 7. She complained that it’s hard to find Grabcar driver this morning as she’s waiting for 30 minutes. I asked the pity Malay chubby lady to hail the teksi by the roadside but she said, “malaslah nak jalan kuar!” See my dear diary, Grab already made some people spoiled and so lazy to exercise a short distance more by getting fat and fatter.

8.39am, JAT a Chinese amoi at Redwood factory Jln Bukit sending to far far away Lake View suites guardhouse, Austin Perdana.

9.02am, NIE at Jln Sagu 2 Taman Daya going to KSL D’Secret Garden Kempas Indah.

9.28am, DAN 2 Korea girls at D’Summit Residence sending Crescendo International College. Near the destination, there was a stupid myvi went out suddenly at the junction without stopping! Then later the girls wanted to stop at 7-11.

9.56am, YKH a Chinese guy at Jalan Harmonium 20/3 going to JB CIQ. We talked and talked all the way. He's working as a polis bantuan (auxuliary policeman) in Singapore. This is the only MyCar trip.

10.38am, ASK 4 Indon (Batam) at Hotel Sentral JB going to Larkin Sentral.

10.58am, an Indian guy at D’Larkin Residence going to JB CS.

11.17am, HAS ping to pickup his Bangla boyfriend at Jln Wong Ah Fook sending to far far away Tanjung Kupang. Regarding the Forrest City that he's involved, he said, no local Malay working there, all China, India, Bangla only.

11.48am, I accepted ping from SEP while I was still on the previous trip. 5 Indon cewek at the Pintu B Tanjung Pelepas port entrance. Since they booked grabcar economy I requested extra rm10 bcoz they were going to very far far Sutera Mall but back to town. At first they reluctant and tried to negotiate but I insisted the fare, otherwise they can book another cheapo grab.

12.31pm, MR WONG at the same Sutera Mall. I waited for 20 minutes and expected a chinese guy but later a darker guy surprised me by knocking my left window. With his rusted teeth I reckoned that he is surely a Myanmar! His Malay is not good and he said also that no Malay working in the noodles restaurant as all of the workers are Myanmar and Chinese. I sent the guy to Bandar Permas Jaya.

While waiting at BHP Permas Jaya, a Malay guy who just used the toilet, wanted to send him to far far away Kg Pasir Putih Pasir Gudang with no money. I said no. Later after pumping up all the tyres, I saw this guy walking infront of me with cigarettes on his fingers. Aiyah! I should've regretted myself if I agreed to send him just now.

1.41pm, FRT a chinese couple at Jln Permas 11/22 sending to JB CIQ. He paid only rm2 due to promo. Good lah.

2.00pm, MDR at CIMB Jln Segget. I sent 2 Banglas to the under construction The Peak Jln Temenggong JB.

2.18pm, FAU an Indon at Jln Riang 23 Tampoi going to shoplot near Smart hyper market Pandan. He complained that the previous Grab driver didn’t come to pick him up and my car was not moving on his apps that’s why he miss-called me.

2.39pm, SHM 3 India men with lots of groceries at nearby Smart main entrance. But I arrived and parked on a little bit offsite and he didn’t call. After the first 7 minutes, reckoning that he still not cancelling the booking, so I turning around to the main entrance and found them still waiting. When asked, they said they are Kashmir which is not a country. Actually they are from Kashmir on India side. They are working here on CNC machines factory. I sent them to flat Jln Sagu 34.

I SET DESTINATION TO HOME1

3.34pm, got IZWAN at Jln Mahsuri 2 Kg Baru Pandan to Mydin Taman Rinting. But soon he cancelled. Lajiao lah.

3.45pm, MDT at Jln Sagu 13 Taman Daya sending the lone Bangla to Kg Plentong Baru.

4.19pm, WLL at Persiaran Senibong sending the Chinese young man to nearby the Water Edge apartment.

4.34pm, RIR a Malay girl at flat Jln Balau 16 Taman Rinting going to Tesco Seri Alam.

Okay lah dear diary, after almost 9 hours of driving today, I completed 16 Grabcar jobs. And only one Mycar joob. Although all of the trips are Grabcar economy, I think the fare is good compare if I'm driving myCar only here in JB.

Tomorrow is Hariraya. I’d like to take this opportunity to wish all my family, friends, colleagues and Grab/ex-Uber/myCar drivers Happy Holidays! and Selamat Hari Raya Aidilfitri, maaf zahir dan bathin. I would like to also apologize for any wrong doings or harsh comments I might have made to everyone. We are only human so are prone to making mistakes. Do take care of yourself and your loved ones during this festive period, especially if you’re planning to travel long distances. Check your transportation and make sure you allocate enough time for delays and congestion. Selamat Hariraya Aidilfitri.

Happy Garden Taman Gembira Industrial Estate JB @2018

WHY YOU STILL DRIVING GRAB IF YOU KNOW IT'S BULLYING YOU

  Saturday, 5/5/2024. At midnight about 12.30am, I booked a Grabcar from Amansari Residence Resort. From the resort to my house is about rm9...