A LIBERIA BOY



Wednesday, 9 November 2016.

Although I got 14 Grabcar trips and 2 Uber trips, I only want to tell one rider STORY today.

3.38pm, TAN an African young guy at Isetan KLCC entered my car from behind. Later we started talking and talking. When asked, he said he came from Liberia and working here. Ah, I said to him, I know Liberia - a Liberty country, a freedom slaves from America! He quite surprised with my history knowledge. "Uncle, you are 100 PERCENT right! For the past 3 and half years I have been here nobody know Liberia like you do! I am impressed! Most people here dont know where our country Liberia is. They only know Africa and Nigeria only!" he shouted at me with clapping his hands. I can see from his face my dear diary, he is one happy boy now. I told him that I know geography very good, where Liberia near to Ghana and Sierra Leonne. He smiled and clap clap his hands again and again. Then later I reckon he was going to Geo Hotel, next to Bus Stand Klang, where it was quite a happening place 30 years ago while I was a student. Of course, he was going home to Klang town now.

SUDDENLY GRABCAR SAVER SAVED ME THE FARE

  Tue, 5/12/23. At 11.20am, I tried to book online taxi from my office at Jalan Ampang. My destination today is to Jalan Pekeliling. First, ...