ORDINARY GRABCAR DRIVER



Friday, 4 November 2016.

A Grabcar story a day.

11.37am, NOE waiting inside the UTM Jalan Semarak. The Tunisia Arab man is studying master and doing some research here on Tunisia - Malaysia Corporate business. He asked me whether I know where Tunisia is. I told him, "ofcoz, I know geography! It's next to Libya, Algeria, Egypt." He said, "yeah, we are at the North Africa." Then we talk and talk all the way to Grand Season Hotel Chow Kit. Even he showed me on his wallet a selfie photo of him and the ex-PM of Malaysia during friday prayer at Masjid Negara last August. Before dropoff, he thanked me and wished me luck on my career or whatever I am doing. I said, "thank you, but I am just a driver." But he looked at me and said, "no brother, I know more deep inside you that you are not just a driver. People who knows geography are educated." Well my dear diary, he made my day!

SUDDENLY GRABCAR SAVER SAVED ME THE FARE

  Tue, 5/12/23. At 11.20am, I tried to book online taxi from my office at Jalan Ampang. My destination today is to Jalan Pekeliling. First, ...