THE ECONOMIC CRISIS ALSO EFFECTED THE BLIND PEOPLE



Tuesday, 1 November 2016.

A story a day.

7.50am, got ping from HAZ at Flat Seri Pahang. He put a note "blind person," so I reckon I wanted to give him a free ride. But thinking that the government already given so many subsidised programme to them, I might treat them as normal person. I am also carik makan mah.

To maneuver the low cost flat area is also challenging. But finally got him and his wife into the car. He even told me the correct way to get out from the flat area.

While on the way to YMCA Brickfields, we were not talking much. While HAZ sit next to me, they also busy holding their smartphones to their eyes, reading the latest news on whatsapp on the latest gas prices. "World crude oil is getting cheaper, but why the petrol price is increase?" he mumbled and grumbled with his wife.

Later at the dropoff near 7-eleven, I showed him the fare is rm5 and he gave me rm5 note. While his wife at the backseat already out of the car, he still waiting for .. the balance. I told him that the fare is rm5 then he is a bit curious. "Normally I pay only rm4 lah uncle," he said. I told him today the fuel price has increased by 15 sen, so does the Grabcar fare. Aiyah. Then finally he got out of the car.

SUDDENLY GRABCAR SAVER SAVED ME THE FARE

  Tue, 5/12/23. At 11.20am, I tried to book online taxi from my office at Jalan Ampang. My destination today is to Jalan Pekeliling. First, ...