MEETING WITH A FELLOW DRIVER



Tuesday, 8 November 2016.

Today I am not talking about riders. Instead, I tell my brief meeting with a young driver at KLIA2 Arrival.

8.33pm, while waiting for more than 2 hours, including camping at Petronas KLIA exit, I saw this young man holding his smartphones walking around his car and a few steps towards the arrival gate. Later I approached and we started talking to each other. He has been a partime Uber driver for 7 months and a Grab driver for 2 months only. He is staying at The Elements condo, Ampang, and his wife is working at KPJ Ampang too. Normally he started turning on the apps after works and go straight to the airports. Actually before I met him just now, he got 2 Uber pings to nearby Nilai and the fare as expected is not fixed rm75. So he needed to wait until 9pm before he leave the airport for good.

As for me, I waited there for another 2 hours and finally got an Uber ping to Jalan BBN Nilai too. Kannina lah.

SUDDENLY GRABCAR SAVER SAVED ME THE FARE

  Tue, 5/12/23. At 11.20am, I tried to book online taxi from my office at Jalan Ampang. My destination today is to Jalan Pekeliling. First, ...