WE TEKSI DRIVERS JUST WANT TO FIND FOOD



Friday, 18 November 2016.

Today only 7 trips. One pax story.

8.36pm, got ping from SIA to pickup an elderly doctor at Academy of Medicine near Bulatan Pahang. "An Indian skinny doctor with botak head," she told me on the phone. Later on the trip, we talk and talk. He is a retired doctor, now teaching at the academy. He mentioned about tomorrow's Bersih rally, and PM's powerful wife. He is not into politics, but seemed unhappy with current PM. "He should marry two wives so the current wife would not so much power on him," he said. I just laughing. "He is too long on the power now," he grumbled. But I told him that our ex-PM, Dr M also on the power for 20 years. I told him to give our current PM more time more chance to show his worthiness. He just kept quite. Later I reckon that his final destination is not Masjid Ehem. Instead he showed me his friend's house near to the mosque. After getting thru 2 security posts, I told him that I was unhappy with his secretary booking not giving the correct final destination. "I am only cari makan, doc," I said. His friend's house is quite far from the mosque, but I told him it's okay bcoz tonight I would do him some charity. OTL. Later after dropoff, he gave me only rm2.50 tips and told me to buy some coffee.

Manglish dictionary = cari makan, find food, ie to make a living

SUDDENLY GRABCAR SAVER SAVED ME THE FARE

  Tue, 5/12/23. At 11.20am, I tried to book online taxi from my office at Jalan Ampang. My destination today is to Jalan Pekeliling. First, ...