UBER DRIVERS ARE NOT ALLOWED TO PICKUP PASSENGERS AT PENANG AIRPORT



Monday, 31 October 2016.

Just one story.

11.24am, got ping from Uncle GNO at Kementerian Pelancongan dan Kebudayaan Putrajaya while I was on my way to Sate Kajang Haji Samuri. A bit of confusion on the loss gps direction, but finally got the old man into my car. Since his flight at 4pm, so he was not in a hurry. I just worried that I might cancel the booking.

This apek from Penang liked to talk then and now. He is as an agent for foreigners on Malaysia My Second Home visa. Most of his clients are Japanese and Koreans retirees.

He also mentioned about his son's bad experience on teksi drivers at Penang airport. His son is working in KL and sometimes got meetings in Penang. So one day, when he landed in the airport, there were bunch of angry teksi drivers who not allowed the Uber driver came into the departure to pick him up. "We mark you already, you dont come here again!" said one of the angry and furious JP. So his son had to book the teksi from the counter. I told the apek that there is no issue at KLIA, KLIA2 or Subang airport bcoz so many policemen are standing here. They should do the same in Penang airport.

Before picking him up I reckon my fuel warning signal already showing up. So I stop at Petronas before entering the KLIA2. Apek GNO dont mind. He even told me to turned off the car engine and he got out of the car while I was pumping the petrol.

While on the car also he liked to query about my hp magnet holder that attached to the aircon blowers. And also he liked to hear the radio station Lite fm that I turned on. Haha, he even pat pat his thigh to follow the 80s music rhythm.

Then later at the dropoff he asked me, "why the Grabcar tambang so mahal? why the fare so expensive? Only Putrajaya meh. Last time I booked Uber from the same Putrajaya only rm40." Aiyah. I told him that the Grabcar fare to KLIA is fixed. I asked him whether he noticed the price before booking just now. He said yes he was aware about the fare.

See my dear diary, the businessman also wanted more discount with the cheap fare. Aiyah.

SUDDENLY GRABCAR SAVER SAVED ME THE FARE

  Tue, 5/12/23. At 11.20am, I tried to book online taxi from my office at Jalan Ampang. My destination today is to Jalan Pekeliling. First, ...