DRIVING AT 69

Saturday, 10 Nov 2018.

The second day of driving Grab.
9 completed jobs with the first trip at 6.30am. Only one 6-seater job. Demm.

Only one Grab story.

4.14pm, LCM an Indian lady called me to pickup her beloved husband at nearby NSK Balakong. I saw this uncle already waiting by the supermarket entrance. This uncle likes to talk and talk too. When he was inside the cab and sat next to me, and while I was struggling with my cheapo Samsung smartphone to activate the google maps, he told me just drive straight into the freeway and he'll show the way. Soon, he asked me the cik Jnulekasnova's fuel consumption. He told me that he used to drive Grab too with his relative's Exora. But after a while he quit driving Grab since it's not worth it. NOw, he's driving a lorry with many tires. "I bought a lorry with 12 tyres," he said, "but the lorry is in the workshop being repaired." Then he borrowed his relative's lorry too but the lorry also got problem.

While the google maps showing the farther (21km) but quicker route via Silk hiway to his home at Lestari Putra Permai Serdang near Aeon Taman Equine, he told me to use the Seri Kembangan route via the infamous South City Plaza (9km!) which is normally jampacked.

He told me about his family too. He and his wife got no kids and they lived together in the house only. He said that his wife cannot bear a child since she was getting operated due to cyst on her body.

He said so far he's got no health issue. His daily habit of heavy smoking of 2 packed cigarette is balanced by his heavy mineral water drinks too.

He also told me about his financial burden at his old age since he just bought a second-hand lorry. He story-moried about his previous working experience as a navy and KTM officer which was a shortlived career. He also engaged with many contractor works but most of them not working very well. He told me that he lost a lot of money on the three bungalow projects due to his incompetencies in managing the project.

At the dropoff of his corner lot house, I thanked him for the nice chat.

WHY YOU STILL DRIVING GRAB IF YOU KNOW IT'S BULLYING YOU

  Saturday, 5/5/2024. At midnight about 12.30am, I booked a Grabcar from Amansari Residence Resort. From the resort to my house is about rm9...