HOW TO REGISTER UBER GRABCAR DRIVER IN MELAKA

"Membangau" at Cafe Harga Yahudi, Landside, KLIA @2018

Monday, 19 March 2018.

After more than 5 days not driving Uber and Grabcar, I was about to start the apps again this morning. But unexpectedly, there was an urgent run errands matter need to be delivered to Melaka.

In Melaka, I was trying to register Uber and Grabcar. But I reckon there is no Uber or Grabcar office in Melaka. And this is my experience and adventure in registering Uber and Grabcar in Melaka.

After sending whatsapp messages all over the groups, finally I got contact on Grabcar alpha brother. He asked me to send pre-approval info first, which I did.

1. Name as in IC
2. Age (50 years above must do medical checkup)
3. Have registered previously on other location? (He will process for first time driver and those got unfinished process)
4. Full Malaysia driving license
5. Residence address (area, no need full address)
6. Type of car? (Viva, kancil, satria, kelisa are not qualified)
7. Car plat no.
8. Car manufacture year
9. Is your name inside the insurance cover note? (no matter, owner, 2nd driver, as long as your name is shown. If not please ask your insurance company to add it)
10. Grabcar area to operate (Melaka/ Lembah Klang/ N9)

After send him the above info on myself, he instantly said that he do for the first time driver registration only. But he would submit my application to his other friend and he said that I need to do a medical checkup. So I asked him to hold my Grabcar application.

For an Uber application, I found the contact person in facebook searching. Auntie Uber (not her real name) asked me to fillup application information:

1. Name
2. email
3. Contact no.
4. Hp model
5. Car plat no.
6. Car color
7. Car model
8. Car Year
9. Insurance expired date
10. City

Gambar snap for Uber:
1. IC
2. Driving license
3. Copy of Insurance cover note

To qualify,
1. The car must be above 2009
2. Full driving license
3. Your name must be inside the cover note
4. 21 years old and above

So I passed all the above information and uploaded documents to Auntie Uber (not real name) and she told me to wait until they approve.

Dear diary, so in the evening, from Melaka I drove straight to Landside KLIA. This is not "pachak" business.

WHY YOU STILL DRIVING GRAB IF YOU KNOW IT'S BULLYING YOU

  Saturday, 5/5/2024. At midnight about 12.30am, I booked a Grabcar from Amansari Residence Resort. From the resort to my house is about rm9...