AN UBER DRIVER IN JB WHO CAN SPEAK GOOD ENGLISH



Saturday, 23 July 2016. Starts at 7.14am. Wife already reminds to send bibik to Fomema inspection today. Aiyah.

7.47am, after half an hour no ping, KEN and his wife at Jalan Rosmerah 4/10 sending to Taman Suria and then to the Ferry Terminal in Stulang. At the beginning we just keep quiet, then later when he told he also uber driver then we talk and talk. I told him that I driving part time and my other odd jobs of grasscutting and despatch boy. "Uncle, I dont believe you wan. your English is very good!" Near Taman Sentosa suddenly his wife cannot tahan to pee, so I drive to the nearest Shell station. He says they are going to Bintan Island for friend's wedding. Later I send them to the Ferry terminal. "I give u 5 star ye Uncle!" KEN shout from the back door. I smile only.

8.41am, amoi at Plaza Pelangi going to nearby Pelangi Leisure Mall only.

9.07am, got amoi ping from Jalan Kelabu. She texts to wait at bus stop but when arrive she cancel. Charcheebye.

9.13am, MIK at Jalan Tekun near Plaza Pelangi sending to Taman Sutera.

9.36am, BOI with his gf at McD Taman Tun Aminah going to Aeon Bukit Indah. He asks how much the fare. When check using the Waze about 5.6km, and I estimate about rm15 bcoz of the 1.9x surging he got. Yes, am I good at trip fare estimation now or what! The CASH fare is really rm15.12. OTL.

Camp at Petronas Bukit Indah to fillup ron95 for rm35 (20liter).

Then I need to rush home and send bibik to the Klinik in Permas Jaya. But when arrive infront of the Klinik is closed today. Lesson never learned bcoz I just remember it last year also the same thing happenned. Aiyah! Have to repeat again tomorrow mah.

Noon nap. 1.44pm already.

2.25pm, VOU ping to pickup her Indon cleaners at Strait View Residence and send to Jalan Tasek Maya 14. When arrive at the pin location of townhouse and security guard I cannot find them. After calling and shouting and frustrating almost want to cancel the booking, I enter the townhouse again. The cleaners bibik complains that there were 3 Uber drivers already cancel the jobs since 1pm bcoz too far and cannot find the house. Aiyah, she doesnt know how stressful is finding them.

3.48pm, amoi at Jalan Api Api 18 sending to Jalan Austin Perdana 1.

4.41pm RAI at Aeon Tebrau City sending to Jalan Teratai 70 Johor Jaya.

5.04pm, EVN at church Jalan Anggerik 21 Johor Jaya sending to Austin Perdana.

Then uncle find the nearest Petronas about 3.3km, relieve myself. Then got ping from the same spot at Austin Perdana Water themepark and I need to drive back there. Aiyah.

6.00pm Mmc at rhe waterpark going to Taman Serene. 1.4x surging.

6.55pm uncle go straight to JB Sentral. Got 3 play play pings then they cancel respectivly. Kannina. Then got beep beep beep from Pelita Indah Condo Wadi Hana JB which is 8min away. I dont want to take a risk bcoz got meeting Kulai in 1 hour. So I cancel the job.

Then switch off Uber apps and uncle leave the JB Sentral and drive straight to Kulai to meet client.

Fast forward. 8.55pm, ondway to JB and at Saleng got ping from this bugger at Senai airport. At first I feel happy bcoz this is my second Senai airport job so far in JB. 10min to pickup, then 5min later he cancelled. Lajiao lah. But its okay, I just drive to the airport and camp for a while. Then a lady SHL ping from Jalan Terkukur Bandar Putra. I told her 20min to pickup. She replies that she need to be at Taman Tun Aminah by 9.45pm. I ask her to cancel.

9.33pm, drive out from the airport without any passenger. Dear diary, its a dilemma and struggle for JB Uber drivers to find many many genuine jobs like in KL one. So sad want to cry but what to do. Then I go straight home via Jalan Skudai instead using Plus highway. Then miracle happens near Taman Tun Aminah where bad traffic jam due to major accidents. Then this bugger ping from Sutera Mall which is on the other side of Skudai Highway, to get to his location takes about 13min, then 1min he cancel. Lajiao. Good lah. Then KAT ping from Sutera Mall too, and she calls me, but I told her taking about 25min to get her bcoz not pass the accident area yet. She says she can wait wan. See my dear diary, not many Uber drivers at this moment. Then after that when I want to uturn I see there is also bad traffic jam on the other side of the Jalan Skudai towards Sutera Mall. I cancel, then she calls again asking why cancel, I told her cannot get her bcoz bad traffic jam. She says, "takper, takper," in Malay means "no what no what."

So, after frustared not getting any jobs from Kulai, I drive straight home. Update blog and sleep zzzz. Tomorrow is the last day in JB.



WHY YOU STILL DRIVING GRAB IF YOU KNOW IT'S BULLYING YOU

  Saturday, 5/5/2024. At midnight about 12.30am, I booked a Grabcar from Amansari Residence Resort. From the resort to my house is about rm9...