GRABCAR STILL NOT POPULAR IN JB



Saturday, 20 August 2016.

This morning, I will try to activate my Grabcar account.

8.02am, JOL at Jalan Jelatang 27 sending to JB Sentral. Stop at nearby kopitiam to sendoff her husband and the boy.

8.34am, ADR and his gf at JBCC Komtar sending to KSL to find restaurant for "jalan jalan cari makan."

I call Grab service center 3 times, finally got the Grabcar apps running on my Sony Xperia smartphone. Yay!

Dear diary, during this time, I got few pings from far far away 10-13min, but the riders cancel. Good lah.

10.16am, YAN at Jalan Bunga Raya Besar Kampung Dato Sulaiman Menteri. To get to her pickup location is quite challenging bcoz of the narrow streets and houses like "sting garden". Aiyah. Although the destination is near, but she pays double for the fare. When asks, the good looking girl says, "she already tried half an hour to get the Uber drivers." I send her to nearby Giant Xtra Taman Suria.

10.33am, TNG at Bayu Puteri 1 Apartment sending to CIQ instead JB Sentral.

Mr Robert at Petronas Lingkaran Dalam cancel the order as I almost getting to his location. Lajiao la weh.

11.31am, CLANDHARU at Petrie Apartment going to Double Tree by Hilton. When asked about his unique name, the young man asks me back, "why? uncle not believe me? want the proof?" Ale uto la.

12pm, eldest son already sent whatsapp to go back to call his future in law to discuss something.

Noon break. Fast forward. 3.20pm already.

4.06pm, that amoi at Taman Rinting about 8min ping me then cancel. Then she ping when I about 5min, then she cancel again. Fedup, I right turn to Petronas and camp for a while, then she ping again and I accept. I send her text, "why cancel many times?" Then she cancel for good. Charcheebye.

4.19pm, RAY at Used Car Dealer next to Petronas Highway Pasir Gudang sending to near Ambank Jalan Rosemerah.

Then another bugger at Bayu Puteri 3 Apartment ping me, 13min (8km) to pickup point. Aiyah, manyak far far away. Then I cancel and send him message, "sorry too far." Then she ping again, but I ignore.

Camp at Shell for rm30.

4.59pm, SJV at CIMB Taman Daya. This India guy likes to make joke with me but I no mood. I send him to Larkin Perdana. But near Balai Polis Larkin, there is one ahkak very good looking body with green dress, with watermelons on her chest. I honk the horn at her. She looks at me, I smile at her, and then she smile back at me. OTL.

5.46pm, DRV at Larkin Sentral while I am waiting there already. We shouts at each other bcoz he is not familiar with the bus terminal. Later I send him to @Mart Kempas. He dislikes teksi driver who keep the 50 sen balance. "I am just a student uncle, waiting for tuition allowance now," he says sadly. When arrive, I shock also to see his fare is 1.8x surging. So pity but he pays it. Good boy.

6.28pm, LYN at Eco shop Jalan Cengkerik going to Kolej Sains Kesihatan BErsekutu Johor. 3 pax of Sabahan students.

Dear diary, when arrive at Kolej Sains Kesihatan, I saw there is one teksi sapu (Preve) with chubby but short lady driver. What surprised me is there are 5 pax. Aiyah. When I took the photo, one of the girls noticed me, and everything becomes unpleasant.



6.57pm, 2 amois at Jalan Beremban Taman Johor sending to Jalan Riang 22 Taman Gembira.

7.28pm, ANTADV ping from Nasa City. When arrive at pin location, it's in the middel of jungle, with one big bungalow with few people inside having occasion.

7.56pm, RIN at Casa Tebrau Apartment Taman Delima going to Ministry of Darts Taman Mount Austin. She likes to talk.

8.28pm, AND at Jalan Mutiara Emas Utara. 3 Indon workers going to Jalan Kempas Utama.

9.05pm, NOA at Pandan Pasar Borong sending to Larking Perdana 2 again.

9.50pm, ARM and his wife at Giant Plentong with many groceries inside the bags. He tries to make friend with me, but I dont have chemistry to know him. Later, at the D'Ambience security guard, he gives me the passcard but I told him no need as I will go out without it. "Just touch the card," he insists, " I use Grabcar everyday!" Lajiao. "I also drive Grabcar everydah lah boss," I say in my heart only.

Dear diary, when outside the D'Ambience, got ping from MIL on Grabcar apps. But the pickup location is nearby SK Taman Permas Jaya 2 and going to JB City Square for rm18. I feel fishy fishy. When check with Grabcar rider apps, the fare is rm24. Then I cancel. Not worth it.

Then 10.13pm, got final booking from LYL at kedai mamak Restoran Ahmad Khan sending to Jalan Bunga Daisi 6.

Tired, and frustrated and driving straight home.


WHY YOU STILL DRIVING GRAB IF YOU KNOW IT'S BULLYING YOU

  Saturday, 5/5/2024. At midnight about 12.30am, I booked a Grabcar from Amansari Residence Resort. From the resort to my house is about rm9...