SERVICING THE CAB TODAY



Tuesday, 9 August 2016.

This morning uncle not driving cari makan. Sending the car to Perodua Service Center Khasiat Jati AU2. The last service was last month at Putrajaya for 53k. Now the odometer already 69k which is over 6km, and really overdue for servicing. And the pomen told me to replace the front worn out brake pads for rm73 plus labor. I say okay la.

While waiting, I go walking breakfast at nearby warong near Klinik Pergigian AU2. But after breakfast I call Grabcar to pickup for rm2 only. Uncle just want to check whether any driver willing to deliver for short distance or not. Then this mamat Myvi WPB accepts my booking. He was at Jalan Jelatek for 7min. Later I apologise for short distance only. He says okay okay no what no what. I dont tell him that uncle also Grabcar driver. Not much talking.

Dear diary, during driving out from the service center, my car was almost hit by the towing lorry. Kannina. Luckily nothing happened.

Early this morning, MHD the Algeria French wassap uncle from the other side of the world to pickup his sister and gf going to airport. I say no problem, but he says his sister wants to stop jalan jalan eating air at Putrajaya for 1 hour. Dear diary, I just curious like a cat, why MHD likes to choose me while he can just asking his sister and friends to use Grabcar or Uber apps? But its good to me also la, bcoz I can earn the airport trip as a bonus. [Link: previous trip driving MHD ]

1.17pm already at Mercu Summer Suites. 10 min later pickup the girls and drive straight to Putrajaya. MHD's sister (Algeria France) talk and ask many questions. "What is the beautiful mosque in KL?" Actually I am not sure myself, I say "Masjid Negara." The other girl (Morocco France) says, "how about Masjid Jamek?" I told her the Masjid Jamek very old architectural design and also beautiful.

At Putrajaya, we stop at Jambatan Wawasan taking photos. Later I pray at Masjid Putra and wait for them for 1 hour before driving to KLIA2. This time no talking talking between us. Later after drop off, MHD sister gives me extra rm20 tips. But I forgot to say "Merci". OTL.

As no ping at KLIA2, I drive straight to Putrajaya.

4.37pm, HOP and her China-man hb and baby at JPN Putrajaya sending to KL Sentral. She is going back to Taiping.

5.25pm, IMR at Ramada Plaza Dua Sentral sending to throw stone away Nu Sentral. The Pakistani family are British.

5.41pm, IRE at Espresso Lab but no show after I arrive and wait for 7min. Charcheebye. Calling also no answer. I give up on Uber apps, then I switch it off. I turn on Grabcar instead, and...

5.50pm, PET at nearby Nu Sentral going to Sunway Pyramid. 3 pax of Chinese Indonesia.

6.25pm, EKA and her daughters, 6 pax including a baby, a little girl at the same spot of Sunway Pyramid under the Sphinx. I send them to Vista Subang Apartment. After moving 5min, I ask permission to fillup the tank, they dont mind. I say joke joke only, "the fuel bar is left 1 bar now, if no fuel on the road who is going to push the car? Aiyah." I look at the young chubby lady sitting next to me and ask her whether she is already married. She says, "still single la uncle, dont think about marriage yet!" Kannina. So, "if not married," I told her, "you better to wear the seatbelt!" Uncle joke joke only la. Lol. Then I heard her mother at the back humming something like "amboi" showing displeasurement. Aiyah.

7.09pm, IBR and his bf at LRT Lembah Subang going to Segi University. They are Sudan.

Camp at Petronas Kota Damansara 2.

8.03pm, SRS at Naina Nasi Kandar sending to Boulevard Residence. 4 Nepalese stinky men, so I wind down the front windows. Kannina.

8.30pm, BSW at the same Boulevard Resident asks whether my car can accomodate 5 person. I say no. Then only 3 of them inside my car and send them to Tropicana City Mall. They also smell longkang as no taking shower for one week, so I let my front windows down. Kannina.

9.03pm, ARV at nearby Damansara going to Jaya Shopping Center. For the first 10 min inside the cab ARV just keep quite, so I try to break the ice. "Are you Nepal? India?" I ask him. The thin short guy looks at me and laughs, "Melaka la uncle." Kannina. I apologize to him bcoz I got so many international riders. He dont mind. Then we talk and talk. I ask him whether he is married got children or not. He says not married yet, still single, although he is 35 already. I told him that I envy him no commitment, no wife no kids no car no house and sure got a lot of money in the bank. "I dont envy myself la," he says slowly and sadly. Then later during drop off at Menara Bakti Apartment, he pays me the fare. "See bro, your only commitment now is paying Grabcar tambang only!" I say and we laugh together.

9.30pm already and uncle feel like to go home. Home sweet home.

WHY YOU STILL DRIVING GRAB IF YOU KNOW IT'S BULLYING YOU

  Saturday, 5/5/2024. At midnight about 12.30am, I booked a Grabcar from Amansari Residence Resort. From the resort to my house is about rm9...