BROGA HILLS



Sunday, 2 December 2018.

Only one Grab story.

At kedai mamak BIFC, after having breakfast and after ignoring few cheapo pings...

6.54am, PAT at Permai Court 1 going to Pasar Seni. PAT a pinoy lady with a Bangla waiting just outside the apartment, at the main entrance. In the cab, they’re asking whether I could send them to Bukit Broga. I said no problem and checking the fare was rm84. They agreed.

So I need to pickup their 4 other friends, a pinoy ladies, at the Central Market.

While driving to the hill, I reckoned that the fare was for the economy grab. So hastily I checked again the fare fur the 6-seater which was rm134. They didnt seem arguing about the new fare because they're very excited to do the hiking activity and in a very joyful mood. “What to do? We’re in the car already,” she said. And she already calmed me down.

While on the trip, I only talking to the Bangla while the other pinoy ladies at the backseat are talking to themselves.

NAZ, the bangla told me that his working permit is just being approved. So he’s now one happy Bangla. "I'm out of my cave already!" he said. Otherwise he would rather stay in the kongsi. He’s working in a furniture shop and doing kitchen cabinet etc. He just paid rm7k to get the permit for the first time. Every year he needs to pay rm3k to renew it. Its quite expensive, I told him. He said, if he's doing good with his job, his taukeh would pay half of the working permit in the future.

While on the trip also, the ladies gave us some sweets and I took one. But instead of peeling it off, I put the sweets aside. And NAZ told me that in his country, Bangladesh of course, he never trusted anybody giving him sweets as it may contains something harmful and vulnerable for a bad guy to rob or molest the driver.

Then later also I asked them on how they’re going back to the city center. After discussion, they were asking whether I could wait for them while they’re hiking up the hill. Since she said they might be going down after 12 noon, I opted them to call my driver friends around. They’ve agreed.

So I posted the open job in the whatsapp group.

A few minutes later, a bro, AZW pm me and wanted to pick them up from Broga hills. He agreed with the fare I mentioned and willing to come down from kl. But I told him to call the Bangla first. So he did.

Unfortunately however, at 11am, he told me that they’re already left the hills and were somewhere else. Panda lela lah.

Dear diary, I couldnt wait for them because I need to run errand to Colmar Bukit Tinggi Betong.

WHY YOU STILL DRIVING GRAB IF YOU KNOW IT'S BULLYING YOU

  Saturday, 5/5/2024. At midnight about 12.30am, I booked a Grabcar from Amansari Residence Resort. From the resort to my house is about rm9...