ALIYA BOHEMIA CELESTE

Teksi drivers or JP sitting together by the roadside, KL Sentral

Sunday, 26 June 2016.

Starts the car engine and apps at 7.08am.

7.28am, YOL and his bf at The Elements going to KL Sentral. The Russian guys give me salam. I ask them why not taking the Grabcar direct to the KLIA airport? Grabcar now got rm65 promotion. The guy asks me whether can cancel the trip. I can cancel but they still need to pay. Then they told me just go to KL Sentral. On my head, I calculated already, they both can save about rm20, but a bit complicated.

8.04am, EUG at KL Sentral, 4 pax going to Pasar Borong Selayang Lama. During drop off and when to pay the fare, he gave me rm20 which I mistakenly thought for rm50 (so stupid me). But he return back the correct balance.

8.35am, EMI at Plaza Suria sending to Church Caritas.

8.57am, SAL at Manjelara sending to Sunway Pyramid.

Camp at Masjid Sunway, relieve myself and pray.

10.16am, SSS at Jalan PJS 10.24 Bandar Sunway going to One City (remember yesterday rider?) There is a short distance uturn on the NPE but I rather use the upfront one bcoz the busy highway. But suddenly SSS questions my movement not to use the short distance. I told her the reason, "for safety mah." Then she quite all the way.

10.42am, CHE at Jalan Usaha Subang Jaya. Her husband next to me like to talk and talk. THey lost the original geran of the car. The roadtax dead already. They want to get the new geran copy at Pudu Sentral.

11.25am, ANN at Ancasa hotel sending to Soho Suite KLCC. The pin given by the Grab is located near to Istana, which is about 500m short.

Camp at Petron Jalan Tun Razak to fill up ron95 for rm40(23liter).

12.07pm, JUN a Korea at Setia Sky going to 1 Mont Kiara. When asked, the lady told me to go to the Block A lobby. I drive all around cannot find block A, which actually written as Block Aliya. Block B as Bohemia, and Block C as Charcheebye. The Korea lady, a baby and her husband (Italy?) speaks English. The husband is very instructive one to show me the direction which is the same as the Waze.

Camp for a while at Mont KIara but no ping from Uber nor Grabcar. Directly go home for a distance of 19min.

Noon break. 3.02pm already.

3.05pm, TAS at Orkid Apartment. When arrive, I send "I am here" message, then I send her sms. No reply for 7min. Then when calling she asks whether I arrive or not. I am quite upset bcoz she didnot read my message. She says she never read a message, then told me all Grabcar drivers would call her once they arrived, not like me. On the cab, we keep quite. Then on the traffic light stop, she pays me the fare first. I took the money. Then quite again for a while. I try to break the ice by talking about the whether. TAS is a young single pretty mother as she just got divorced from her TAGUNE husband who wants to marry a Sabahan girl. We talk and talk a bit about her life. Later before drop off, we apologize to each other. She makes my day.

3.52pm, NAI, an Australian, at Great Eastern sending to St. Mary Residence.
4.03pm, AFA and his bule bf at nearby E&O Residence going to Petaling Street.

4.16pm, OSSoto Jockey ping from Wisma Mirama to pickup ahso and send her to Salak South. The ahso talk and talk about life. "now our money is too small leh. Then 1980s from Segambut to Brickfields taking teksi only cost rm8. Now rm50 go to market the money gone very fast before can buy fish! Aiyah, then for rm50 we can use it for a week," she complains.

4.47pm, LOU at Bayu Tasik 2 going to Sungai Wang Plaza.
5.17pm, MAI at McD Bukit Bintang to Regalia. 2 pax, both are Lebanese origin but now resident of England. They are not fasting today bcoz they are going to fly back tonight.
5.25pm, TAR at Regalia to Bukit Bintang Plaza. The Sabahan lady is looking for Nasi Ayam Hainan restaurant after so many years.

5.59pm, NIC at Angkasa Impian going to Pantai Panorama. The kiwi (New Zealand) teacher is working here for 13 years already. We talk and talk about life. She cannot speak Malay bcoz all of her local friends dont want to speak Malay with her, instead they want to learn English better. I dont blame them. Also she mentions type of coffee that she use to drink only from "Fair trade" companies as she supports those workers with good welfare given.

6.23pm, SHA with her boy and girl with pretty Indian dress is going to Corus Hotel Jalan Ampang. They are going to attend the wedding reception. Later the girl says, "selamat berbuka uncle."

Camp at Masjid Jalan Damai. Iftar and pray.

8.18pm, SEA and his gf at Wisma MCA bus stop going to Taman Bukit Anggerik Cheras. We talk and talk about Uber and Grabcar. He is also a part time driver. He is sad bcoz now is hard to earn a living by driving them. SEA also told me from other driver that we can choose the last destination home, and later I will check with Grabcar and Uber.

8.45pm, REE at Pangsapuri Putri 1 going to Masjid Bistari for taraweh.

9.06pm, SHI at Jalan Damai Perdana. Ahmoi going to Jalan Telawi 3 Bangsar. Later, I call Grabcar calling center about setting up the last destination as I want to go home. The operator told me that the system cannot do that. Kannina.
9.51pm, SAA at Midvalley plan B entrance, 4 pax, sending to Taman Koperasi Polis BAtu Caves.
10.43pm, FAT at LRT Sentul sending to Saffron Apartment for cheap-put rm3.
10.56pm, JOA at Pangsapuri Melor going to Jalan SS 2/105 Petaling Jaya. She just shopping around at Jalan Tar and Sogo area this evening.

After drop off JOA at Petaling Jaya, I purposely turn on Grabcar apps only. No ping until Jalan Sentul. But all of the new job bookings I cancel bcoz non of them going to KLCC or near my house. My acceptance cancellation rating becomes low but its okay as tomorrow (Monday) my rating will be resetting to zero again.

11.30pm, I call it a day and straight go home. Update blog and sleep zzzz.

WHY YOU STILL DRIVING GRAB IF YOU KNOW IT'S BULLYING YOU

  Saturday, 5/5/2024. At midnight about 12.30am, I booked a Grabcar from Amansari Residence Resort. From the resort to my house is about rm9...