YOU ARE NOT WELCOME HERE



Wednesday, 29 June 2016.

Starts the car engine and apps at 6.27am.

7.19am, GRE at Seri Hening ping sending his young daughter to the back of the US Embassy. After dropping off, I park further up and the security guard stares at me from far far away. Lajiao lah!

7.35am, CRA at Jalan Madge going to Citibank.

Then I try top up data for my maxis hotlink data on my Lenovo. It works. Yay!

8.04am, BAN at Marc residence to Wisma Scope International. I saw the surging price rate is 1.8x and he dont mind. The Australian was born in Malacca and like to talk. We talk and talk about life, Melbourne's Uber tragedy of Uber driver being tricked and beaten by taxi drivers and his new Alza which he got a big deal from the Perodua salesman.

8.32am, TAY at LRT Bukit Jalil to APIIT Teknologi Park Malaysia. He put a note, "a guy with purple shirt." 2 pax.

8.41am, NAD at Arena Green sending to APU Mines Waterfront.

Camp at Petronas Sungai Besi for a while.

9.28am, FIR at Bukit Jalil Residence sending to MEP Bangsar South.

10.08am, UBA at Pantai Hillpark #2 going to opposite Nexus Bangsar South.

10.16am, RAD at Panorama 2 sending to Avenue 5 Bangsar South.

10.41am, HEL at Saville Jalan Klang Lama going to Pavilion. First I text and call twice, she didn't answer. Then later she calls using her house phone. I told her to confirm which Saville Jalan Klang Lama or Saville Bangsar. When pick up she asks me, "why so late?" I told her I was at Bangsar and curious she should have known before booking me. But she says, she using ipad. Charcheebye. We talk and talk a bit about life. She is an Iraqi and has been here for 8 years already and never go back to Iraq. "This is my country now," says her.

Noon break. Fast forward. 1.59pm already.

2.05pm, CHO ping to pick up his Indon worker, a lorry driver at Jalan Keramat going to Taman Danau Kota.

2.54pm, RAY at LRT Wangsa Maju sending 2 pax to 99 Speedmart Setapak.

3.15pm, KEL at Prima Setapak sending 2 pax to Sunway Putra Mall.

3.48pm, AND at Jobstreet.com going to Menara AIA Lebuh Ampang. 23 min to arrive, during the trip, the Uber gps hang again and I am asking him to pay cash rm3 instead of the actual rm5. Kannina Uber.

4.24pm, SAH an Indian expat at Capsquare. Then he cancel bcoz cannot find my car. Then he ping again and I accept at Mayflower Hotel lobby sending to Jalan Alor. Then he wants to go to TTDI, Jalan Burhanuddin Helmi 7. The arrogant SAH who have been in here for 7 years talks to his Indian friend on the phone something like, "we getting good salary for doing nothing." Lajiao!

Camp at Petronas TTDI, fillup ron95 for RM47 (28liter).

5.50pm, madam NAT at Bank Rakyat Damansara Uptown going to Jalan Hujan Abu 6 Taman OUG.

7pm already. The nearest mosque is Masjid Tabligh Sri Petaling. At first not sure want to open fasting here or not. Then try my first experience during ramadan, but seems their iftar meals are self budget. Kannina. "This is for KHIDMAT only," says the not so friendly abam manyak langsi when I try to sit with them. Then when I asks where to join the iftar, he says "you can go at the back." But the way I see it at the back of the mosque, other jemaah are preparing the meals by themselves. Even some jemaah are sitting alone by themselves with their own tapau food and drinks. So awkward. This scenario is unlike the normal mosques where the meals are properly arranged and public are welcome to join the iftar with them. Uncle feels ashamed to myself. After open fasting by drinking their orange water and pray alone, uncle leave the mosque and nobody cares bcoz they are still busy eating and eating. MashaAllah.

7.50pm, HUD at nearby Old Town White Coffee Sri Petaling going to Berjaya Times Square. We talk and talk about life and teksi drivers. "Some drivers are very choosy and rather wait in long queu and open 'dam haji' table in PUchong area," says HUD.

8.20pm, MAD 2 pax at Berjaya Times Square sending to Pavilion.

8.31pm, an Arab family and the girl, WIS ping from Aquaria KLCC. At the drop off, Pavilion, WIS requests me to pick up her sisters and brother, 3 pax at the same Aquaria again. I agree but do not negotiate much about the fare and seems I regret about it. But when drop off the second trips, the sister gave me double tips. Alhamdulillah shukran.

8.59pm, ZMA a lawyer from Washington DC at JW Merriot going to Cantaloupe The Troika. When arrive I try to call him but cannot get thru bcoz of his US number. So I wait outside by the mainroad. Later he calls and walks toward my car.

9.26pm, ELE at Traders Hotel going to Hotel Soleil. The Russian girl cannot speak English much. She came here to stay with her insomnia gf who doesnt like her very much.

9.48pm, NUR 2 pax Pinoy at Jalan Alor near Hotel Nova going to Desa Pandan. Later she asks me to send her only to Setapak after dropping off his gf. The caregivers just visited their dead patient.

Then I go home, update blog and sleep zzzz.

Dear sweet diary, today I got 21 trips, ie 9 on Uber and 12 on Grabcar. No airport trip. The iftar experience at Masjid Tabligh is a good experience for me.

WHY YOU STILL DRIVING GRAB IF YOU KNOW IT'S BULLYING YOU

  Saturday, 5/5/2024. At midnight about 12.30am, I booked a Grabcar from Amansari Residence Resort. From the resort to my house is about rm9...